Thursday, June 7, 2012

Before & After - Flooring

A few of my keen eyed friends have spotted that we have new flooring in our house.

I guess it really isn't that new any more we had it all done just before Christmas (as you do)

Over two days


After


before

day one was all of the carpet in the house

Day two was the new lino

It wasn't fun :-(

but well worth it :-)


oh, for those of you who picked up the lino thing...

yep, we went with linoleum or vinyl depending on where you are

we never thought we would but after living with the existing lino we found that most people thought it was floorboards when they saw it and it was so much warmer under foot and very forgiving if anything was dropped. Very easy to clean and maintain. Perfect!!!

after

before

before the kitchen makeover.. just because :-) 
it reminds me of how much we have done and how much I like the timber benchtops


We chose a lighter colour lino and we are thrilled with the results.



Some of the before shots are hard to see the floor but the best I could find at the moment.

Something tells me I really need to get my virtual files in order.

The carpet is darker with a different undertone but still brown. The difference is not as easy to see in these photos but in real life it is amazing, it's clean, without stains :-) 

after

 before

It is 3 1/2 years since we moved into this house and it feels like we still have so much to do but it is also good looking back over what we have done.

What do you think? Do you like the new flooring? 

Would you ever consider using vinyl/lino? 

What is your flooring preference?

xx


8 comments:

  1. Anonymous07 June, 2012

    Hiya Nellie!
    Your new flooring looks wonderful! I enjoyed seeing the different rooms around your house too...I'm so nosey!
    Cas x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Nellie...I think the new flooring looks great....I'm a hardwood fan through and through and it's always my first choice but I will admit the lino these days is amazing it really is hard to tell the difference....my sister has similar flooring to yours and everyone thinks it hardwood floors....love what you've done with the house so far it looks amazing :) xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great. A Canadian designer Samantha Pynn uses it all the time on her TV show "Summer Home". I think it is a great idea. Great for pets and kids.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is looking lovely Nellie, really lifts the rooms nicely. I'm loving all these before and after shots I've been seeing about the place. Nothing like a good before and after. Your home is beautiful xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also amazed at how real lino floorboards look these days and the results in your home look fresh and lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks great! We have lino in the kitchen and it really is so durable. It is cracking in spots due to the uneven floor beneath, so we will have to deal with it at some point. Your home looks really lovely :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great Nellie & a very practical choice, especially for a cold climate!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Floors look fabulous. I have just put a vinyl floorboard in my kitchen. It is so easy to keep clean. I am in the middle of the planning process for our house renovation, the floor was so bad and the vinyl floor boards were the perfect solution. Your house looks so lovely, warm and inviting.

    ReplyDelete