Monday, March 1, 2010

When I ordered my wall decals from Leen the Graphics Queen I had planned on placing them the other way around but it didn't work out the way I wanted (must learn to measure first). So this is what I ended up with.....
I wasn't really happy with the end result and knew that I wanted something on the left hand side of the TV to balance it all out. I was thinking of a narrow side table or small hall table with a large vase and twigs sitting on the very left and then some varying sized items to finish the table scape. Something like this....

Fresh Design

Little Byrd

I shopped around the house to see what I could find that may work but the table I had that I thought may work in this spot was too wide and I didn't have anything else suitable. I tried stacking old apple crates that I have and books with a large vase on top but I wasn't happy with any of it. The room is not very big and I didn't want anything jutting out in front of the TV cabinet. Finally I remembered I had some wall stickers left over from the entry mirror so I decided to give those a go.

What do you think? I like it better than it was but I am not sure if the new decals are too thick for the writing?

Looking at the room overall the decals tie in with the ones on the mirror so it creates continuity.

I would love to hear your opinion, should the decals stay or go?

7 comments:

  1. I think they are beautiful especially as they match the ones on your mirror. I also love the colour of the decals against your wall colour! May I ask what your wall colour is, it is lovely! Gorgeous job Nellie! Your home is beautiful! ~ Tina x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie...great decals...you've done a fab job. Honestly..I loved them just as they were..without anything..just the words...but both ways still look gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks lovely - fits perfectly in that spot. Great job! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nellie,
    the decals look great and really go with your mirror. I love your TV unit too!
    Thanks for your lovely comment on my kitchen - I'm glad you like it!
    ~ Sam

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I think that filled the spot really well, without looking cluttered. The black looks good with the wall color and also the tv. Like it or not we do have to decorate around those things. (The tv I mean.)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment I really appreciate it.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it! It looks very good. Love the wall colour!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like these wall decals! The phrase you chose is very inspirational. We just bought one for our bathroom, but haven't put it up yet. We have slightly textured walls, so I'm hoping it works!

    I think the flower decals tie everything together nicely.

    ReplyDelete