Friday, March 26, 2010

Jack of all trades.... master of.....

I was very fortunate to receive an award from the very talented and lovely Janette at My Sweet Prints, Janette has a gorgeous blog where she shares all of her latest creations including the very popular bus rolls. If you haven't had the pleasure of meeting Janette yet please go on over and say 'Hi'. The rules of the Master of Karate and Friendship Award are: 1. List 6 things you are a master in. (hmmmm, this could be tough!) 2. Pass it on to 6 bloggers you think are masters at friendship and make blogging awesome. Well here goes, Number 1 I am a master of finding sales. I research, research and research prior to making major and even most minor purchases! Once I buy something I can't help myself I keep checking to make sure it isn't on sale anywhere else for a better price!
Number 2
I am a master of cooking one pot dinners! I dislike washing up pots and pans, I figure I will make it easy on myself and just throw it all in together. Fortunately my WH loves to create the gourmet meals and fortunately for him, I love to eat them!
Number 3
I am a master at fitting in one last thing before I end up sprinting out the door! It is not always a good thing! I am finding that I arrive wherever I am meant to be later and later and I am sure that most of the stuff I find the urge to do before I leave the house could actually wait until I get back home!
Number 4
I am a master at enjoying my bath. I don't get to have one often (I do shower every day), but when I do, I enjoy it thoroughly. It involves a book or magazine, a glass of wine or two, bubbles and maybe some music. My bath lasts generally an hour or more, by the time I am finished I am fully relaxed and de-stressed, renewed and ready for bed!!!!!
Number 6 I am a master at buying pretty things and displaying them but rarely wearing them.... they make me very happy when I admire their prettiness though.
I would like to pass this award on to the following blogs who I enjoy visiting and who make great blogging friends. Russett Street Reno
A time to create One little house Please do not feel obliged to participate in the award rules but please accept the award as a compliment and know that I really enjoy your blog and your friendship! If you haven't visited any of the blogs I have listed please do and make sure you say 'Hi'.
Thank you everyone for stopping by and leaving such wonderful comments. I really appreciate it and I love reading them all. I still get really excited any time someone leaves a comment or mentions my blog!
Remember to stop by on Monday for my very 1st giveaway!! xx

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations on another award!! Loved reading your 'mastery list' - I don't know when the last time I had a relaxing bath was but I do enjoy soaking in the tub with a good magazine and some nice candles. How lovely for you that your husband enjoys cooking. Hope you have a lovely weekend Nellie! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goodness! You are getting so many awards and I can tell why! Your so talented and sweet! I did post my sunshine award on my blog to the right! It is so hard for me to pick only a few..how do you do it! lolol..Love your bathroom and tubs are my favorite too! ~lulu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nellie dear,
    You are way to sweet, Thank you dearly for the award you deserve many yourself.

    Do I tag the blog award and add it to my blog if so then I will:)

    This is a WOW!! moment for me...
    You are a great person, you really know how to make someone feel special.

    Love your bath tub...can I come over and take a bath there :)
    It is a perfectly imperfect room to relax in.

    XoXo
    G'day Luv.
    see you soon.
    "Dore"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations Nellie! So wonderful to see you getting these awards, you so deserve them lovely girl! Love your blog and you are such a sweet blogger, your comments are always so kind. Enjoy your award and I hope you have a fabulous weekend ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! You deserve all these awards. Love stopping by your blog. Thanks for all your nice comments, your the best.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your award! I am right there with you with your number 1 and number 2 master's! I love one pot dinners but mine never look as fabulous as the one in your picture--it's making me hungry!

    Thanks for tagging me with the award! :) Your comments always make my day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Nellie, thanks for your nice comments. And well done on your award. I like your philosophy re: one-pot cooking...I'm alwayslooking for one less job to do around here. xAnita

    ReplyDelete
  8. These have been great to read! I love researching sales as well - I love a bargain and I totally agree with the one pot dinner thing as we don't have a dishwasher.
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on your award Nellie. And what a great list. I am now very proud to be your 50th follower...milestone!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your award Nellie! ANd what a great list... I love reading interesting facts about people, it's fun!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. hahah too funny. Master of buying and displaying but not wearing. I can sooo relate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your award! I am so with you on the one dish meals...love 'em! Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on your award. I wish I had a nice tub to soak in...somehow it's just not the same in that standard 70s tub. ;) Thanks for the visit!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are so sweet, thank you for the mention! I have to say that I also love buying pretty jewelry and other accessories like scarves, belts, etc....and then never wear them. Doh!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you so much! I have to say, this is my favorite blog award - the pic is too fabulous!

    And I'm with you 100% on the one-pot meals, I hate doing dishes!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for finding your way over into my little world. I loved reading your list of "masters." I look forward to discovering more of your talents and hope to see more of you. :)

    Cheers~
    e

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congratulations on your blog award, Nellie! And thank you so much for my award. I really appreciate it!

    So sorry that I'm just now thanking you! I took a break from my computer and am trying to get back in the swing of things. :)

    ReplyDelete