Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thank you

I want to thank everyone who has taken the time to visit my blog and to leave such wonderful comments. I really can't explain how happy it makes me to hear from you all, it is so lovely to get such encouragement and I hope that I can remember how great it feels and make sure that I try and pass it on to others.
I especially want to thank two wonderful ladies for all of the encouraging comments and support. The first is Lulu from DustyLu, Lulu has been so generous in her compliments and has mentioned me on her blog. Thank you Lulu and welcome if you have come over to visit from Lulu's blog.
The other special lady is Tina from Rubies Place. Tina continuously leaves the nicest comments and really inspires me with her thoughtfulness. Tina gave me this lovely award and I have to say I was soooooo excited to receive my first ever blog award.
Part of this award is to tell you seven things about myself so here goes.
1. My parents were born in China and I am one of five girls. I am smack bang in the middle, yep daughter # 3.
2. I love holidays, I love to plan time away from home. I especially love to get away to somewhere warm and tropical with a beautiful beach. I start planning my next holiday almost as soon as I get home from the one I have just had.
3. I love to relax in the bathtub. I grab my latest home decorating mag, a glass of wine and I prepare for a nice long soak in luxurious bubbles or salts or oils.
4. I love to read, unfortunately I don't get to read as often as I would like. I don't have a favourite book or author but if I am looking for something light I would choose a romantic historical novel.
5. I am a big tea drinker. I am not a tea snob and can drink most tea but I don't really like anything too perfumey. My favourite is English Breakfast. When we go on holidays we take our teapot with us.
6. I am a Banker and my family is all very analytical and we have a natural talent for numbers. I love to be creative but I do often wonder whether I am any good as generally number people aren't very creative, unless we are trying to get books to balance ;)
7. I am an extremely blessed girl. I have the most wonderful husband who makes me very happy, I have a lovely son who makes me so proud, I have a great family who a loving and supportive, I have amazing in-laws who made me feel so welcome. I am surrounded by caring and thoughtful friends and I am making more daily.
Thank you for taking the time to visit and if you haven't already visited Lulu or Tina please do so, you won't be disappointed. Now I get to pass on this special award to the following seven inspirational blogs:
If you haven't visited any of the blogs I have mentioned then please go and say Hi, I am sure you will enjoy it.
Thank you again for taking the time to read about my life and for encouraging me in my journey!
xx

16 comments:

  1. Your style is just lovely, as is your blog. So glad to see you get this award.
    Ness xx
    ...I like your little collages too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your blog award Nellie!! I really enjoyed reading your post and getting to know that little bit more about you. Wow, one of 5 girls!! I too am a tea drinker and love my cups of English Breakfast. I love that you take your teapot away with you :) Have a great end to your week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nellie,
    Thanks so much for passing this award on to me. I could do with some cheering up as I have tonsilitis today and feel awful - I'm feeling very sorry for myself as I can hardly swallow and I'm starving! I will think of my things later when I should be resting.
    I too love holidays, tea and reading and always have a bath - I rarely use the shower.
    Thanks again,
    ~ Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nellie,
    You are so sweet! I am so new to the blogging world I feel like I am still learning and I do some really dumb things. For you to pass this award on to me makes me so excited. I haven't even told any family members that I have this blog, you make me feel like I can now. Thanks so much for your comments, you have been a faithful follower. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, when I said I was new I wasn't kidding. What do I do now?
    How do I get that award button to my site so I can thank you and share it with my bloggers. Help!
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just realized that I wasn't a follower (I was subscribed though) so I'm all set to see what you do next! It's nice to learn more about you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your award. I adore Lulu's blog and am excited to check yours out!
    Cheers~
    T

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Nellie,
    I am so honored that you would feel I would be worthy of this award. I so appreciate your support with my blog and you always visit and leave such wonderful comments. I look forward to reading my comments everyday and yours are wonderfully encouraging! Thank you!
    Have a wonderful day!!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nellie - I just wanted to say thanks for becoming a follower and leaving such a nice comment on my blog. I love your pictures, and I can already tell that I'm going to get a lot of great ideas from you. Plus, we have more in common than you think! Our husbands have the same name, are in the same industry, and I'm in the banking/finance industry as well! Crazy, eh? It sounds like we both even bought our houses around the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nellie: Thank you SO MUCH for my blogging award! You are too sweet. I enjoyed reading the 7 new things about you and I'm getting started on my post right now :) Thank you again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Nellie! I found your blog through DustyLu. Glad to have found it. Love your post about finding things at garage sales. Look forward to seeing more of your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much, Nellie! You are so sweet. And, I really enjoyed reading seven things I didn't know about you!

    I'm off to think about what I can share about myself. Thank you again, I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your so welcome! Great inspiration and talent..keep it coming! ~lulu

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the award Nellie, very well deserved! Thank you for sharing a bit more about yourself!!! I am really enjoying your blog so keep'em coming! Janette xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. great new blogs to visit, I particularly like The Nest! loving your blog as always too, congrats on your award!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was so lovely to read about you and i have been loving your comments and encouragement. I'm off to read the rest of your lovely blog now. Mel xxx

    ReplyDelete