- Built up the garden retaining walls to be one height the whole length
- Built a courtyard outside our bedroom window
- We ripped up the old deck and all the old paving
- Hired a Dingo Mini Loader and levelled the whole area
- Built a retaining wall and steps
- Built a raised garden bed and water feature along the side fence
- Filled in the area with dirt and ensured that the area sloped away from the house
- Removed old shed and built two new sheds
- Moved the carport beside the house
- Replaced the hot water storage system with a wall mounted instant gas heater
- Made our own pavers using a mould and concrete
- Paved the area behind the sheds
- Installed drainage along the garden wall
- Rendered all of the brick work
- Painted the fences
- Planted garden beds, including hedging along the fences
Still to do:
- Lots and lots unfortunately, the water feature above still needs to connected and attached properly including rendering the caps on top of the feature.
- Our path leading around the side of the house (including our little courtyard, pictured below) still needs drainage and paving.
- Our bedroom window will be replaced with french doors so we can walk out into our courtyard and enjoy morning coffee.
- The back veggie garden bed needs to be built up and new lattice placed across the whole back fence for climbing veggies
- The area with the black weed matting (pictured below) is to be paved using the old bricks stacked up in the foreground and a retaining wall will be built (and rendered) along three sides (the fence, the garden and the left hand side of the picture)
- Gazebo will be built over this courtyard
Still more to do includes:
- Replacing the existing pergola
- Rendering the whole house
- Painting all the gutters and trim on the house
- Putting lattice up in front of the sheds and around the water feature, growing a climbing plant like Chinese Star Jasmine
- Painting the chook house (old cubby), building a chicken run off the side and buying some chickens
- Moving the gates on the side of the house
- .... and lots more little things
We hope to finish a lot of this over the next year but at the moment home improvement has slowed right down due to Nick's work commitments and my lack of enthusiasm for digging!!!
Hope you all have a great week and thank you to everyone who visits and leaves comments, I really do appreciate all of the advice and encouragement! xx