Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Southern Highlands

We had a lovely weekend away. The engagement party went well, dress requirements were cocktail wear so all of the guests looked wonderful. I love parties were everyone dresses up, there are so many pretty shoes to admire.
We spent Sunday and Monday exploring the countryside and eating. We ate a lot! There are so many beautiful houses/mansions in the Southern Highlands with wonderful gardens. So much to look at! Fortunately for me WH drove and I got to admire without having to watch the road.
We stopped at Berry to have some lunch at a cafe. It was so busy, people everywhere. We sat outside and people watched. I love people watching especially when there is such a variety of people around. After lunch we explored the museum and would definitely love to spend some more time looking through it.
We stopped at the local markets in Berrima and bought some yummy stuff from the fudge man as well as a yummy smelling candle from the candle lady!
Berrima has lots of lovely shops and buildings it was definitely a favourite and we will visit again.
Afternoon tea was at the Black Swan Inn in Berrima, we loved this place. If you ever visit Berrima you must stop and have a look through the building. Our tea and cake was lovely too!
We stayed at Berida Manor in Bowral it was a quaint place to stay and we had a lovely 3 course meal in their restaurant. The building has an interesting history but it is and old building so if you decide to stay do not expect anything fancy, however it was nice and for the price of our package nothing to complain about.
On Sunday we played golf, okay Nick played golf I walked along with him and admired the golf course. Then we had coffee in town and shopped and shopped some more then we had lunch at Briar's Country Pub in Moss Vale. Briar's was lovely and so was the food. We sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine and the fact that it was Monday and we weren't at work! Unfortunately we couldn't spend the afternoon relaxing there and we made our way home stopping at a few more shops, admiring more gorgeous homes and enjoying each others company.
Photo Source: McCarthy Designs

16 comments:

  1. Looks like a beautiful weekend!
    I love dress-up parties too, they always seem like such an occasion :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow how beautiful, so many goodies for the eyes and tummy. So lovely to have a weekend like this, cheers Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, that sounds just wonderful. I bet you enjoyed that. Your photo's are beautiful. I want to go there. It is so hard to come home after a carefree weekend but life goes on.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great weekend away! And thank you for all the photos! I want to go down to the Sthn Highlands again now. We went down for Brigadoon at Bundanoon a few years ago which is a big Scotish festival it was so much fun, I ate hagus and everything! Thanks so much for sharing Nellie!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nellie thanks for sharing these pictures - never been to the southern highlands and it looks divine. Glad you enjoyed your weekend away. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. great experience as well... i love the vintage items on the second photo!
    flory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi and thanks for stopping by! Looks like you had a lovely weekend, I enjoyed the little tour. I love your dining room, I'm off to check out more! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Nellie, glad you had a nice weekend. Looks like you stopped at lots of lovely places and came across lots of lovely things!! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks like a wonderful weekend!
    Very nice pictures.:-) Hug Stina

    ReplyDelete
  10. My old stomping ground! This is the area I am originally from before moving to Tassie. So nice to see all of the shops and buildings. I recognise them all. I am glad you had such a lovely time.
    Ness xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you and your husband had a wonderful weekend together enjoying each others company and the beautiful countryside. Your pictures are lovely thank you for sharing them with us. I hope you have a lovely week too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  12. So wonderful to hear (and see) that you had such a wonderful time on your weekend away Nellie! I love the southern highlands and loved looking at these pics:) Thanks for sharing ~ Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful weekend! Love to dress up but the occasion for doing it are not so much as I'd love!

    Thanks for your visit and comment. I hope to hear from you soon!I'm a follower right now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are such nice photos. I would love to be there instead of WI!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Nellie,
    What a wonderful weekend you had! The shops look wonderful. I could have spent forever there. Your pictures are just lovely.
    Have a great day!
    Sincerely,
    Melinda

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a glorious weekend you had! Such a pretty part of Australia. A-M xx

    ReplyDelete