Monday, January 9, 2012

New Year, New Me!

Ha, just kidding, 

I kinda like the old me but I do have a new haircut!


A new year is a great time to look back over the year that has been and reflect on your life, what was great, what was bad, the tough stuff, the fun stuff and what you are going to change in the coming year.

For us 2011 was a year full of highs and lows, we had some great things happen and we had some really tough times, but you know what? That's life! Even though we had some really sad events throughout the year we are still really thankful for the year we had. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't want to repeat any of the tough stuff that happened but when you live through hard stuff,

 you grow 

and you learn

 and that, 

is a good thing!

I am still sad, 

sad that we lost two babies last year & sad that we aren't expecting a new baby. 

It was/still is sometimes, hard to see other families happily expecting or enjoying their babies. What I pray is, that no matter how hard it is for me or how sad I am that we don't have a baby, I can still be happy for others and that I don't become bitter and mean.

Now - moving on to 2012, 

What we are praying for this year.... 

well just in case you didn't guess, we are praying for a healthy baby or two (twins would be just fine). 

I would love to be .....

  • healthier
  • fitter
  • thinner (hopefully this just happen if I achieve the first two)
  • happier


Happier is a big one for me, this is all about my attitude. Sometimes my attitude stinks! Only I can change this, so this year I am going to keep working on it. Yes that's right working on it. You see, like most things it doesn't just happen, you have to work at it all the time, so I am going to keep working on it. This includes thinking hard about the future, what do I want to be doing in five years time? What makes me unhappy and leaves me uninspired? How can I change that?

I would dearly love to have babies and stay at home, being a full time mum, but at this point in time it is not happening so I can't live just for that, I need to make some changes in my life to make sure I enjoy it every day, not  just living for the future. 

I can be a lot happier with a serious attitude re-adjustment, really sometimes it is as simple as listing all the great people and things in my life and BAM! I feel much better. 

There are other areas in my life that I need to change, one of those has been work, I have been seriously thinking about what I would like to do for a living, do I like what I do?, what will make it better? do I need a change? Stay tuned I will let you know when I work it out. Until then I will aim to:

  • Make sure I look after ME (rest, take time out, say No occasionally)
  • Keep going to the gym (I joined late last year)
  • Lose weight (this will just happen when I am  healthier and fitter, won't it?)
  • Enjoy 2012, each and every day I will look for the good stuff and I will be thankful for it.


Thank you 

Thanks for being with me this last year, your comments and visits really helped me get through. I have made some really wonderful friends through blogging, something I never expected and something I am so very grateful for.

I wish you all an exceptionally marvellous 2012!

I am looking forward to sharing it with you.

xx




22 comments:

  1. Love the new hairstyle Nellie, very fresh for Summer. I wish you all the best for 2012 and with such a positive attitude, I am sure wonderful things will come your way. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such an inspiring and touching post. Thank you for being such a great friend through 2011 and I look forward to seeing your exciting 2012 unfold. I LOVE your new hair, such a stunning colour and cut. Do you get surprise when you look in the mirror? I always do when I get a new look :) Big hugs, love and prayers for a wonderful new year my dear!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nelllie, I love your new do. The colour is great and a lovely shape. All the best for a happy healthy 2012.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your new hair is lovely and I hope it makes you feel a million dollars!

    Gemma x

    ReplyDelete
  5. The new "do" is lovely and will be great for Summer....as for the other stuff...well, I think 2012 is going to be a ripper. You can't change the past but you can influence the future and you do have control over your feelings and attitude...
    Let's all welcome 2012 with open arms and a positive outlook
    Now I just have to take my own advice lol
    Lesley
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your hair Nellie!!
    This was such an inspiring & honest post, I can relate to the whole attitude ajustment, I could do with the same myself.
    I hope 2012 brings you evrything you dream of, especially that baby.
    Cheers to the new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nellie, I pray for you and your husband that you will be blessed with a baby this year. It is important never to give up on your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2012 will be a good year for you, Nellie. I just know it will. Health and happiness are good things to strive for. Sending you lots of good wishes. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lookin' good Nellie! What a heartfelt post. It's difficult not to dwell on things you'd really wish for in your life. I really do hope you can be really happy in 2012 and you never know what's around the corner, it might be exactly what you are hoping for! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I thought you were looking for a new do when I saw all those hair cut pins on Pinterest! I love it! I have a new hairdo too -- although I just darkened mine; didn't cut it. I will keep you in my prayers in 2012 for a healthy, beautiful baby. I have found that with some of my friends who had trouble conceiving, once they worked out, ate healthy and had positive mindset, it happened .. . so that is my prayer for you this year too. Keep looking up Nellie. You will be blessed. xoxo - Stephenie

    ReplyDelete
  11. loving the hair......and what a wonderful post to read,
    i like you have felt the same way 2011 was full of amazing and very challenging things........i love your honesty in this post have believe you will have a great 2012 smooch to you nellie lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nellie, your hair looks gorgeous!! As for your post, it was beautiful, heartfelt and touched everyone's hearts, I have no doubt. I am sure that everyone is holding the same thoughts and prayers for you and your family and wishing you all the most wonderful 2012. Hugs for a fabulous year ahead ~ Txx

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi nellie, I really really hope you have a babe (or two) this year toO! Yo'd make and awesome mum, hang in there mate, you are still young.. xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hard stuff Nellie, good for you being intentional about your life and attitude. Hope this year exceeds your dreams and expectations, and you know we're along for the ride with you.
    Hugs,
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look beautiful! I am sending as many positive vibes as I can for the baby or babies you wish for to come along this year. Well done for keeping a positive attitude. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, your hair looks very hot like that! haha

    I certainly hope you have a wonderful 2012 full of happiness, and weight loss and healthy living will come naturally when happiness does...our bodies are smart that way. Feel good, look good, be good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the new hair Nellie! Great cut and color.
    I wish you all the best for 2012 and I hope you and your husband can welcome a baby into your heart and home. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your hair looks great.
    I need to head to the hair dressers myself, has been a year!!!
    I wish you all the best for this year. A great start with such a positive attitude, you can't go wrong.
    I too have decided to take more care of me this year.
    My Mum always says, you are only given what you can handle. Not sure if this is all true. But all are lessons learned and experiences to take with you during lifes journey.
    Onward and Upward
    Mekaela :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nelly, i do hope and pray for all good things for you this year... hoping that it has many more highs than last year and fewer lows.. last year was tough for me too in different ways... I think it was just a bad year all round for most people i know... I am so positive about this year though, and your hair just looks fantastic! its so funny, you look so completely different in every single photo! (but gorgeous!!) lots of love to you, laura xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. A marvellous 2012 to you, too!!! Enjoyed reading this post and good luck with your goals!
    Kristin♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. You're blonde!! Love the fresh new summery cut and colour. 2011 was such a huge year for you. I hope 2012 is filled with many wonderful things for you and your family. I know what you mean about your attitude having such an impact on your daily life. Back when we were going through IVF whilst trying to have Grace, I was teaching and really 'didn't want to be there'. I think my attitude showed through in a lot of ways. I found it so hard to be happy when everyone around us, even those who weren't trying were falling pregnant at a drop of a hat. It's so important, despite whatever tough times we may be going through to focus on all the positives in our lives. Thanks for your blogging friendship and for always stopping by my blog and making me smile with your lovely comments. Here's to another year of blogging together xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Nellie, that's a lovely post. You're very wise. Life really is all about attitude. I really hope that your hopes and dreams are realised. I am extremely fortunate to be home with my children and I've never lost sight of that. If that's not what happens for you, I hope that you find something else. You never know, it could be something you've never thought of! And I absolutely love your hair! Rachael xx

    ReplyDelete