Monday, October 12, 2009

Candy Jars

We did a day trip to Sydney on the weekend and we manged to come home with some goodies.
I have been wanting some lovely big candy jars for a while now but being the scrooge that I am I was loathe to pay upwards of $100 for each jar. I have been looking around and on the weekend I was rewarded for my perseverance. I found all three for less than $100 total. The jar in the front was from Spotlight. I had seen it a few weeks ago and didn't buy it then because I wasn't convinced that is was what I was after, I wasn't sure about the writing around the top of the jar but after some Internet research I decided that I liked the jar and especially the $29.95 price tag. The jar in the middle was from Victoria's Basement in Auburn. We had bought some cookware over the Internet and the order was mixed up so, given we were going to be in Sydney anyway we decided to make the required exchange in person rather than post the order back and wait for them to replace it. If you haven't been to Victoria's Basement I recommend a visit. The Auburn store is huge and has all sorts of great items and great prices. We were also pleasantly surprised with their postage rates, a flat $12 for our total order. The Victoria's Basement jar was also $29.95. The last jar was totally unexpected and a pleasant surprise. We were in Bathurst on Sunday watching the race at the in-laws house and I offered to make a trip to the chemist to buy some Zyrtec for my bother in law (after a quick trip to our new favourite shop 'Courtyard'). The only chemist I could find that was open was in the shopping centre where there just happens to be one of those discount stores that sell a variety of items for reduced prices, I remembered that this particular store had a lot of glassware and I was after a small jar for another project I have in mind and while I was looking for that I found my last candy jar for the bargain price of $24.95. Now I just need to find a place for them and something to put in them.
The wooden box was another purchase from Victoria's Basement. So cute with chalkboards on either side and only $15, it is a great storage piece for all the bits and pieces that seem to collect in our kitchen.
The bag was a gift for my wonderful husband. He spotted the Havana Bag the first time we went to 'Courtyard' and he really liked it. After searching for a better priced version on line I gave up and bought him the Villa Maison one from 'Courtyard'. Not a bargain but well worth it. Nick was so pleased, he can't wait for his next overnight trip. In the meantime he has found the perfect spot for the bag...
I am very pleased with our new purchases and I am looking forward to displaying them. I have great plans for the jars and Christmas decorating. Only 7 weeks to go and we can get the Christmas Decorations out of the garage. Yay! I love Christmas. Photo source: McCarthy Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment