Wednesday, July 29, 2009

New Chairs....

One of the projects I managed to accomplish while I was on holidays was to cover some chairs I have had for a while. The cute little stool is a $5 bargain I got a few years ago. I had already covered it and painted it white but it was time for a change.
Before:
I just love this little stool, it is easy to pick up and take where ever you need an extra seat. It currently lives in our study which I just redecorated with black and white accents so this fabric was perfect.
After:
This chair was a desk chair I had when I was growing up. It originally was my sisters when she was at University and then I ended up with it. I had already reupholstered it and painted it a few years ago however I felt it was time for a change.
Before:
Gone with the plain calico and in with a pattern. It turned out quite nicely and I am happy with it for now. This chair lives in our bedroom and the stone colour works well.
After:

It was great to achieve something in my time off. Little projects like recovering chairs are so great because you get results fast. So nice to be able to have a job started and finished in a matter of an hour or so. Some of my other projects were small and some took a little longer. I'll post more soon.

Photo source: McCarthy Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment