We had guests over for dinner last night and we had a new recipe that we had been wanting to try for a while. I have started keeping recipes I think we may like and that look fairly simple on the fridge so we can try them when we have a bit more time even on a weeknight after work. This one was a hit. Preparation was quick and then once assembled in went in the oven for 20 minutes always great when you are entertaining as the food looks after itself while you can have a chat. Or if it is just the family you can put on a load of washing, help with homework etc while dinner cooks.Chorizo Pasta Bake Serves 4 INGREDIENTS 100g Sliced Chorizo 300g penne pasta 150g diced bacon 1 medium Spanish onion finely chopped 1 small red capsicum cut into strips 1 500g jar of pasta sauce 250ml thickened cream 250g grated tasty cheese
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees Celsius, Cook pasta according to directions. Fry the bacon, onion, capsicum and chorizo until the onion is soft.
- In a separate bowl combine the pasta sauce and cream and mix together. Remove the pasta from the heat and drain well.
- Combine the ingredients with half of the cheese in a large casserole dish. Top with the remaining cheese.
- Heat in the oven for 20 minutes or until the cheese is golden brown.
- Serve with hot garlic bread and a fresh green salad.
The wine pictued is from Patina, a local vineyard we discovered a few weeks ago (more of that another time) and the glass is engraved with our initials, we designed these for our wedding to give to guests and we hade extras made for us. My cousin engraved them for us and Nick created the design.