Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Imagine

Imagine


Having a best friend for 65 years



Imagine

You woke up next to your best friend for the last 62 years



Imagine

Together you watched your children grow up over the last 56 years



Imagine

Together you dreamt about your future



Imagine

Together you watched your grandchildren grow up over the last 29 years



Imagine

You sat together and remembered about the way things were



Imagine

Together you watched your great grandchildren grow



Imagine

Waking up and your best friend is no longer there




Good bye Pop.........



It was an honour to know you and have you come into my life.


I remember when Nick was jumping through hoops to convince me I should take a chance and let love into my life again he pointed out that he had living examples of how a marriage should look and how his Gram and Pop had been happily married for almost 60 years.


I am glad that he was able to talk me round because I got to know you and that was a blessing.

Xx



In memory of Darrell Dick

22 February 1927 - 25 June 2011





12 comments:

  1. Oh how very sad. So sorry for your family's loss. Sending a big warm hug to you all. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My condolences Nellie. So sad. It sounds like he had a wonderful life x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nellie, I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of such a precious family member. Thinking of you all and sending you big warm hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is much to be learned from these couples that have found love and companionship for 60 years. I am so sorry that you have lost this wonderful man. I can't imagine how your MIL feels.

    What a wonderful thing your husband had this rock of a marriage to teach and guide him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so sorry for your loss- blessing to you all...

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nellie, thats so awful, I am so sorry. You have been having such a rough year, I truly hope that the second half of the year brings you many, many wonderful blessings and joy... I am sure that your pop will be remembered by everyone who knew and loved him. wish i could give you a great big hug! youre in my prayers sweetie, Laura xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry for you loss. I "can't" imagine how hard that must be. I have gone through it with my momand my husbands'. It is so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such beautifully sad words Nellie... I am sorry to hear of your loss. Thinking of you... Son x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a moving post Nellie, beautiful. So sorry for your loss. Thinking of you and your family. Emma.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My condolences Nellie, what a lovely tribute post.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so sorry for your loss. What a loving post, though. xx Jane

    ReplyDelete