Hello all, I hope you had a lovely weekend! We had a busy one with a trip to Sydney and then Newcastle but it was great we caught up with family and celebrated birthdays.
It was my nieces birthday on Friday and she turned 10! She is a very creative little girl and when I found out that I was the winner or Mirela's giveaway I knew that Angela would love it.
Mirela gave away one of her custom designed canvas' on it's own little easel. She did a wonderful job creating the perfect design for my niece. If you have a boy or girl who would love their own custom artwork you need to pop over and visit Melli's Designs. Mirela has lots of different canvases that she has finished for you to look at.
I have also been really honoured by some of lovely friends who have passed on the Versatile Blogger award to me.
I want to send a big thank you to
Li @ Creamy White
Li lives in Alberta, Canada and is a mum of three kids who is creative and clever. She shares about her life in her blog including her makeovers and crafts.
Christine @ Sunshine and Lollipops
Christine is from Western Australia, she has a gorgeous home and her coffee table makeover that she just completed is fabulous.
and Megan @ Design Matters
Megan is from Texas in the USA and her blog is full of inspiring interior pictures that are just gorgeous.
If you haven't had the pleasure of reading these blogs then please pop over and have a look, all three are excellent reads.
As part of the award I am to share 7 things about myself so I tried to think of something I haven't shared before.
1. I am a lollyholic , I love mixed lollies like the ones in this picture. If I open a packet I can't stop eating them. I will eat them until I feel sick, have a cup of tea and then continue eating them until they are all gone. Unfortunately I always get a craving for them in the afternoon at work. Not very good!!!
2. I didn't learn to iron until I was in my twenties. It was something my mother didn't trust us to do so I never learnt. As a consequence I am not very good at it. I don't mind ironing but I do pour myself a glass of wine while I iron and that seems to make the chore much better. I set up in front of the TV on a Sunday night and iron away (could possibly the wine that affects the quality of the ironing....).
3. I really dislike exercising. I do it (sporadically) because I know I have to but I never get to the point where I jump at the chance to exercise. Even at my fittest where I joined the gym and I went to a minimum of 4 classes a week I still had to force myself to go a year later. After 2 years I didn't renew my membership! I try to walk as much as possible and incorporate movement in my everyday life for the whole family!
4. I have a lot of grey hair. I am not sure how much because I keep colouring it, more and more frequently. I really should touch up the roots every 4 - 5 weeks because all the grey seems to come through where my hair parts and it is wiry and sticks straight up! I always expected I would be grey early in life, it runs in the family.
5. One day I want to start investing in shares. I want to learn all about the stock market and buy and sell and make lots of money..... One day when I have time that is.
6. I don't really like to cook. I cook from necessity and I usually will not use a recipe. I cook with what I have in the house and try to make something that is edible. I haven't killed anyone yet! I do like to have dinner parties and that is when I will cook from a recipe and create something special and I like to make slices and biscuits, I try to bake cakes but they never really seem to work very well.
image from here
7. I am really really short sighted. I am getting so bad that I can't read in bed without my glasses on any more. The book has to be so close to my face that it is just ludicrous. I need to visit the laser eye surgery clinic and see if I am able to get the laser surgery done. It really does restrict my lifestyle and I wear my contacts most of the time as my glasses are just annoying and I am a wee bit vain.
If you haven't fallen asleep yet and you are still with me I want to pass the Versatile blogger award on to these new friends that I have met recently and I really enjoy catching up with.
1. Alicia from Bella Card Company
2. Natasha from Northern Light
3. Michelle from Divine Finds
4. Jane from The Girl in the Brick House
Ladies please do not feel obligated to play along but if you would like to the rules for the Versatile Blogger award are to thank the giver, list seven things about yourself and pass the award on.
I also want to thank the lovely Simone from Honey and Fizz for giving me the sunshine award. I am really chuffed to get this mention.
Simone is from Sydney Australia and has a delightful blog full of gorgeous pics. You must visit Simone if you haven't already and have a look around.I have another busy week ahead and I am sorry if I don't get around to visiting you all but be assured that if I get the chance I will! Thanks again for all of your lovely comments and support! Have a great week!