Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Truthful Tuesday on Wednesday

The fabulous Trish from A Dream House for Trish has started a new blog called A Dream Body for Trish.
*
Trish has many qualifications within the Fitness and Nutrition Industry however is currently not practicing in the field. She has set herself a personal goal to before she turns 40 next year to be Fabulous and 4o. Trish has invited us along to join her and set our own goals. Each Tuesday we will post our results in order to have more accountability and hopefully assist us reach our targets.
*
I am a day late because it has taken me a bit longer to get the courage to make this commitment. Once it is in writing for all of the world to see, it means that I need to stick to it or look like a loser! No hang on that's not right, I want to be a loser.... of lots of weight and centimetres!
*
I have put on weight since I met my husband and over the last three years have put on almost 10 kilos. I want to get fit and loose 8 kilos. I want to be healthier, thinner and not so tired all the time.
*
So this morning I hopped on the scales for the first time in a long time and I took all of my measurements just like Trish recommended.
*
Weight 65.2kg
Chest 91cm
Ribs 74cm
Waist 76cm
Hips 95cm
Butt 99cm
Thigh 60cm
Knee 38.5cm
Calf 35cm
Arm 29cm
*
Goal weight 58kgs
*
If you happened to read my list of seven things on Monday you will remember that I don't like exercise and I like lollies way too much! I dislike dieting and I really need to make this a lifestyle change. I need to reduce my meal sizes and increase my movement. My major downfall is sitting and snacking at my desk in the afternoons. I use food as a distraction more than anything and I need to find ways to avoid that!
*
I will do a quick update every Tuesday, to track my performance and because I can't bear to admit to failure this should be enough motivation for me to watch what I put in my mouth and make me get up out of my nice warm bed in the mornings a bit earlier so I can go for a walk!
*
Wish me luck and if you want to loose weight, get fit or improve your eating habits you can join in too! Go and visit Trish at A Dream Body for Trish and get lots of helpful advice and encouragement!
*
Have a great Wednesday.
*
xx

17 comments:

  1. That is such a great idea.... hmmm... you've got me considering.
    Good luck with it Nellie, I'm sure with the support and encoragment of the blog world it wont be as difficult 'doing it alone'. Can't wait to hear the results (no pressure though). Have a lovely day!
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nellie, I think I need something like that too!!!
    I wish you good luck and let us know about the results!
    Hugs, Li :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. In the depths of winter this is such a good motivator. I know I've been slacking off from my usual nightly runs because it's just so darn cold. Good luck Nellie!
    Kristine
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could do with something like that... I feel so unfit since i gave birth to my son almost 7 months ago..Good luck..looking foward to hearing your result..!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you're so brave putting your measurements out there for all to see! Well done and good luck with it all. The only problem I find with doing regular exercise (which I try to) is that you get a false sense of security and think you can eat anything, anytime!! And in winter you can squirrel away the extras without realising the results until summer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good for your Nellie! I'm thinking about it....
    Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous21 July, 2010

    Hi mate, thanks for introducing me to Trish and her blogs! She is great, and Truthful Tuesday is just what I need too, so I'm on board with you!
    We can do it....

    Flick

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I have the courage to that... maybe when I have more time. Well Good luck to you Nellie
    Hugs:)
    Flory

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Nellie, you brave thing you! I wish you all the very best and hope you reach your goal sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous21 July, 2010

    Good on you Nellie! But don't make food the enemy! and try, I know, I hear you, but try and make exercise your friend!
    X Briohny.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good luck Nellie! My little confession is already on Trish's new blog for all to see. Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Nellie, your AWESOME!!! Thank you so much for your support & such a lovely post. I am wrapped evreyone is jumping on board to do this with me. At lunch make sure you have some protein, often if you have a high carb lunch you will end up tired in the afternoons & crave sugar for a pick me up!!! Good luck & Thank you so much, your a fabulous friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great way to motivate your self and as you say, feel accountable. I wish you all the best with your little weight loss/fitness goal :) P.S Thanks for your kind words on Wednesday too, I really appreciated it x

    ReplyDelete
  14. you go girl.......sorry this comment is a little late, you have already done so well......{because you've started} all the best lisa xox

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH MY.... you are one brave lady, Nellie!!!
    I wish you luck, health and happiness, this is a big task and I am cherring you on, girrrl!

    Check out Northern Light when you have a moment.....

    ReplyDelete
  16. It doesn't sound like you have much to lose..you'll do it in no time! We bought a treadmill about 3 months ago and it's been wonderful. We go on it about 5 or 6 times a week and really enjoy it. It feels quite easy to walk 4km in the morning with our favourite music in the background. Good luck, look forward to hearing how you're going..Rachaelxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. All the best Nellie, we'll be here, cheering you on!

    I'm halfway to post-baby goal, it is challenging sometimes, but no doubt it will be worth it in the end.

    Good on you!

    ReplyDelete