Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Bedroom Wall Project

I finally got around to finishing another project that I had been wanting to do for a while. If you remember, last holidays I managed to cover a chair that sits in our bedroom. This spot where the chair sits is visible from our kitchen/living/dining area and the wall looked unfinished. I had been looking at it for quite a while planning what I wanted to do there. Due to Nick starting to work for himself and needing to rearrange our study in order to accommodate a bigger work bench etc I had some pictures that required relocating. It just so happened that Nick also had some pictures/photos that had been gifts and were just sitting beside the bed waiting to be given a permanent (well as permanent as possible in our house) home. The result......

I am pleased with how it turned out. It took some time finding the perfect layout, I played around with different configurations before I started putting holes in the wall. I placed the pictures on the bed and just kept moving them around until I found a layout I was happy with. I made sure I measured the space I had to work with on the wall and ensured that I kept within that size as I rearranged the layout on the bed. Once I was satisfied with the outcome I turned each frame over and measured where I needed to make a hole for the hook, starting from the top left I measured first how far in from the window I needed to come and then how far down from the ceiling. I marked it all out on the wall with a pencil first and then when I was pretty confident that my measurements worked I picked up the hammer and started making my holes. I wish I could say that I was spot on but alas... I did need to make a few minor adjustments.

Another project done! I am getting more motivated to pick up the paintbrush again soon and finish some more projects. Hopefully we may get some more accomplished this long weekend.

Photo source: McCarthy Designs

No comments:

Post a Comment