Sunday, December 11, 2011

Christmas Clay Tags

I love Christmas,
I love getting creative and choosing gifts for people.
I love to give thoughtful gifts
and I try really hard to find something special for every one.


I have almost finished my Christmas shopping and I only have a handful of gifts left to get.
I do know what I am buying so it shouldn't take long at all.
 

Before I left for my week in Sydney I managed to make all of the clay tags (as well as a few more ornaments for the tree) and left them to dry.
I used the same air dry clay as last year.
You can read my brief tutorial here


Yesterday I got my new Christmas stamps out and my black ink (wish I had some red ink) and stamped away.




I was a little disappointed as some of the tags weren't quite flat so the imprint didn't work out properly but I was able to use most of them.

 

A little red and white bakers twine and voila!

 

I bought a pack of brown bags from wrap write and used some Christmas paper to decorate them, then I added my clay tags.


What do you think? Did they turn out ok?

Wishing you all a great week.

Hopefully I will be back in a few days with some photos of our Christmas decorations.

xx

PS.  Thank you to all my wonderful  friends  for all of the lovely Birthday wishes. I had a great day. Hubby drove to Sydney to pick me up and take me to Ikea for some shopping. I was very spoilt and my wonderful son made me pancakes for breakfast on Saturday. Love those birthdays that just seem to keep going.

5 comments:

  1. fun fun.....i made clay tags this year too......mine often buckle i think the ones that are too thin do....they look great nellie smooch lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited to be the winner of the Minted giveaway! Please email me at mattandanna@live.com
    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I missed your birthday! Many happy returns! It sounds like you had a lovely day, very well deserved.
    Your tags and bags look fabulous! I have made some mini garland using that same air clay. A bit of fun x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Nellie, I still have some tags I made from last year that survived and are on the tree again this year. They are not as nice as yours though. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And here I thought we were creative for recycling our old Christmas cards and making tags! These are beautiful! I might have to try this for next year!

    ReplyDelete